Comprehensive Commercial Insurance in Millstadt, IL

Commercial Van driving down road

When your business needs protection from unexpected events, there’s only one name you can trust. Eccher & Associates Insurance Agency is the leading company in Millstadt, IL, providing customized commercial insurance plans. Whether you own a restaurant, hotel, or work as a contractor, we guarantee our expert agents can find the right policy for you. In addition to standard commercial insurance policies, our insurance agency also offers group health and retirement plans.   

Property insurance Icon

Property Insurance

Property insurance covers the risk of property loss in a variety of commercial situations, including commercial buildings, equipment, furniture, fixtures, inventories, business records, supplies, and other physical items.

Property Insurance may cover two types of property losses:

  • Direct losses may be covered when property is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
  • Indirect or consequential losses related to direct losses may also be covered. 
Commercial Icon

Commercial & General Liability

Casualty insurance consists primarily of liability coverages, which protect an insured party against injury or damage claims made by other parties.

Policies provide coverage for liability arising out of:

  • Premises & Operation
  • Fire Damage Liability
  • Personal & Advertising Injury
  • Medical Payments
  • Products/Completed Operations

You may want to consider a business owners package, which combines your liability, property, and other types of coverage into one comprehensive policy. This can help you save time and money on your total insurance program. Because we live in an age of million-dollar lawsuits, you may also want to add extra liability protection in the form of a commercial umbrella policy. We can tell you more about these plans and if they make sense for you. 

Business Auto Insurance

Business Auto Insurance

Business auto coverage insures vehicles that are owned, leased, hired or borrowed by businesses, whether they are associations, corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships. Business auto coverage may be used to insure private passenger autos and all types of trucks, trailers, semi-trailers, and commercial vehicles designed for use on public roads. We can give you more details about specific coverages and deductibles and about tailoring a business auto plan that’s right for you and your business.

Workers Compensation Icon

Workers' Compensation

Workers’ compensation coverage applies to bodily injury and diseases arising out of and in the course of employment. Any bodily injury must be accidental, and the term includes death resulting from the accident. Only occupational diseases, which are unique to the occupation, are covered.

Workers' compensation provides for the payment of four types of benefits:

  • Medical Benefits
  • Income Benefits
  • Death Benefits
  • Rehabilitation Benefits

A representative can provide you with complete details on workers' compensation insurance and recommend cost-effective ways to control expenses through safety engineering and claim services.

Frequently Asked Questions

Ecchers & Associates Insurance Agency will help you understand your plan, as well as explain the benefits of each type of coverage and liability protection. To further help our clients, we’ve created an FAQ to answer the commonly asked questions our agents receive.

Q: What is fire legal coverage?

A: This coverage protects you if you rent a business space and are held responsible for any fire damages within the space.

Q: What is the difference between Replacement Cost (RC) and Actual Cash Value (ACV)?

A: Replacement cost is the current cost to replace any property. Actual cash value is the replacement cost minus depreciation of any damaged or stolen property.

Q: What does 80 percent co-insurance mean?

A: Insurance carriers require that an insured party secure at least 80 percent of the property’s value to collect a partial loss in full.

Q: Does my policy cover physical damage to a vehicle I rent?

A: The physical damage coverage only applies to vehicles that are purchased.

Q: Can other people drive my business vehicle?

A: Other people may drive your business vehicle with permission, but they must be listed on your insurance policy if they are regular drivers.

Q: How does an audit work?

A: At the end of a policy term, an insurance company may charge or credit a policyholder based on an audit of estimate figures, including sales and payroll. Audits can be performed on site or via mail and telephone.

Q: Why do I need certificates of insurance from subcontractors?

A: An audit may require you to show proof that subcontractors had their own insurance coverage. The subcontractors’ certificates of insurance will prevent you from being charged for their exposure.

Q: What is general liability?

A: General liability provides coverage if you are legally responsible for damages to other individuals on your premises, from general operations (ongoing and completed), and products that are manufactured or sold.

Q: What does products/completed operations mean?

A: This refers to liability coverage caused by your operations/services or products after you no longer have control of them.

Q: What is business interruption/extra expense coverage?

A: This coverage provides protection from income loss and expenses required in establishing a temporary site during repairs due to fire damages or other compensable losses.

Q: What is the difference between “named insured,” “first name insured,” and “additional insured?”

A: Named insured are those listed by name in the insurance policy. First named insured is the first person who is “named insured” in the insurance policy. In this case, the first person acts as the legal agent for all other names in the policy and is responsible for payment of the premiums. Additional insured is an entity to which a policy’s coverage is extended and must be added before a claim is paid. An additional insured name must also have a tied relationship to the named insured.    

Request a Quote

Get the policies you need with Eccher & Associates Insurance Agency. Fill out our form today to receive your quote.

All Required Fields

Find Your Policy Today

Eccher & Associates Insurance Agency will keep your business protected. Call (618) 476-7170 today to schedule an appointment with an agent. 

(618) 476-7170